If you have lost all or some of your teeth there are bridges and dentures both of which can damage adjacent teeth are not the only solutions. Implant dentistry offers a clinically proven and safe solution to getting a great smile back and being able to bite and chew with confidence. This is how they work:
1) Dental implants are narrow, cleverly engineered titanium screws that are placed in the jaw in place of a missing tooth.
2) Once established, crowns, bridges and dentures can be fixed onto the implants, creating a natural-looking and stable restoration.
To be a candidate, you must be in general good health, and have healthy gums and adequate jawbone to support the implant. Getting implants also requires a commitment to taking thorough care of the implanted teeth and the surrounding gums. We are able to give you plenty of guidance on this and will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
What We Do
Dr Komal Suri will assess your condition and determine your eligibility for the procedure. She has the experience and advanced knowledge to provide implant placement in a safe and friendly environment.
What to Expect
An oral surgeon will place the implant into the jawbone. After the surgery, the implants will be given time to heal and take hold and for the bone tissue to form around and fix them in place. Once they are healed and integrated, the dentist will fix a crown or bridge to the implant/s. The treatment can take around six months to complete.
Are You a Candidate?
Set an appointment to find out if you are a candidate for implants. For questions about the procedure, feel free to contact us.
At Smile Design Dental Practice, we aim to use the safest and most effective materials for successful results, helping you achieve a beautiful, healthy smile.
- When you lose your natural teeth, your jawbone and surrounding tissues start to resorb or disappear over time. When implants are placed in the jaw, it stimulates the remaining bone to grow and mesh around the metal, along with tiny blood vessels, preventing bone loss.
- Retained bone structure prevents the face from acquiring a 'sunken' look.
- Implants help restore function so you can eat, chew and bite as usual.
- Implants are a natural-looking way to replace missing teeth.
Dental Implants & Techniques
This is a complimentary consultation where you can come and chat to Dr Suri about all of the options available fore replacing your missing teeth. Costs and procedures can be explained.This initial consultation is a good opportunity for you to ask any questions that you might have about the treatment and to discuss your preference for sedation.
If you decide that you would like to have implant treatment then you can attend for an implant assessment.
If you are thinking about getting dental implants, it is essential that you come in for a consultation where your suitability for this particular treatment can be thoroughly assessed. Here is what you can expect at a typical consultation:
1) Part of the consultation will involve answering questions about your medical history, your lifestyle and habits, as well as how you would like your smile to look after treatment. Factors like your oral health and jawbone density will also be taken into account.
2) X-rays and photographs will be taken of your teeth and mouth and you will also have a detailed dental examination. This will give the team a good idea of your current oral health and what treatment will give you the best results.
3) Based on the current state of your teeth you may need to receive a few treatments with the hygienist in preparation for the implants.
Having dental implant treatment can be a life-changing experience. Our patients often comment about how different they feel when they look at their smiles in the mirror and many are surprised by how easy it is to bite and chew foods that they had previously avoided.
Once implants are placed, you will need to take extra care of your teeth and gums to ensure they remain healthy and free of dental decay or gum diseases. It is important to understand that your implant will have to be looked after as if it was a natural tooth and that infections can arise if the proper regular hygiene is not carried out. With the help of our team you will be guided on how to best look after your implant so you can enjoy your new smile for years to come.
Your implants will look and feel exactly like a normal tooth: no one will ever know, and even you might forget! You will still be able to bite and chew normally, and the bone in your jaw will remain intact over time.
- Enhanced quality of life.
- Receive great care from the dental team throughout treatment.
- Get a great new restored smile that you can show off to the world.
Implants can be used
- To replace single missing teeth
- Multiple missing teeth
- To replace full dentures
- To help assist and retain full dentures
- To act as anchorage for orthodontic treatment.